Birth to 3 Lead Teacher
Department: Early Childhood Education
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and energetic, full-time Birth-3 Lead Teacher responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom.
B-3 Lead Teacher must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engages and encourages succeeding. The teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements program curriculum and professional development initiatives
- Implements curriculum within Early Head Start’s Daily Structures in accordance with the program guidelines to fidelity
- Uses PA Learning Standards for Early Childhood to plan lessons
- Implements initiatives including: nutrition and health choices, school readiness, Pyramid model/program wide positive behavior supports, dual language learners, etc.
- Ensure the use of provided technology in the teaching learning process, preparation of lessons plans, the documentation/assessment process and communication of relevant information
- Collaborates with the supervisors and specialists to use evaluative findings to examine curriculum m and instruction effectiveness and fuel ongoing continuous quality improvement
- Applies research and data to improve the content, sequence and outcomes of the teaching. Integrates literacy, language, mathematics, and science across the curriculum
- Aligns assessments with instructional goals and standards; and uses assessment results to monitor progress and adjust instruction in literacy, language, mathematics and science
- Collaborates with teaching team to plan, assess, and implement instructional strategies to meet individual goals for students
- Creates environment with high expectations for student achievement by communicating written teaching objectives to students and posting proficient/advanced student work
Education, Experience & Requirement
- Infant Toddler CDA or Associate, Bachelors or Master’s degree with 9 credits specific Infant and Toddler Development and 2 years’ experience working with infants and/or toddlers in a classroom setting
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English, effective communication skills both orally and written
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as performance standards, information memoranda and program guidance. Ability to speak effectively before group clients, employees or community partners
- Ability to write report and correspondence. Positive recommendation from previous employer/supervisor regarding work performance, relevant knowledge, and skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and attend night and out-of-town meetings as necessary
- Respect and sensitive toward culture differences. PA Act 33 and 34 certifiable, FBI clearance
- Current driver’s license and vehicle available to travel to Head Start sites and professional development
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.