CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for all financial matters of the Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County. The CFO will Report to and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and partner with the senior leadership and the board of directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization. The CFO will oversee all compliance and recognition for government (federal, state, and local) contracts and private grants. CFO must be able to thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing the finance team. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the overall strategy and direction of CAP to achieve its mission and vision
- Exemplify and uphold the values and culture of the organization
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Oversee financing strategies and activities as well as banking relationship
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior leadership team
- Oversee cash, investments, and assets management
- Oversee accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County finance staff
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for federal and state funders, foundations, and Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County’s board of directors. Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns
Skills and Education
Education, Experience & Requirements
- A strong leader with at least 10-12 years of broad finance experience
- Experience managing finances (accounting, budgeting, control and reporting)
- At least 5 years’ experience as CFO or equivalent preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least 10 million.
- A minimum of a BS, a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of successful financial management strategies
- Deep understanding of the Office of Management and Budget Circle A 133 audit
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, allocations, compliance, and reporting
- Excellent leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, abstract reasoning, and organizational skills
- Experience with Financial Edge software a plus
- PA State Police, Child Abuse, and FBI Clearances
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.