Clean Street Worker
Department: Crispus Attucks Community Center (CACC)
The Crispus Attucks Community Center, a program of the Community Action Partnership, is seeking a part-time Clean Street Worker to join the CACC team.
The Lancaster Clean Streets Youth Employment Program is a new initiative at Crispus Attucks Community Center designed to blend together several areas of community development, including youth employment, environmental health, and civic engagement.
Clean Street Workers’ primary responsibilities include enhancing the appearance of the southeast neighborhood and providing information/resources to southeast businesses, residents, and visitors. The workers will be stationed throughout the southeast area and will be provided relevant training and development.
High School Students (aged 16-18) are encouraged to apply!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain CACC building perimeter (i.e. sweep, clean up debris, etc.)
- Cover assigned areas, assist with litter pick up, trash removal, and community beautification in southeast Lancaster
- Remove snow and ice and maintain walkways during inclement weather
- Organize, restock and maintain all toiletries and cleaning supplies, as well as all maintenance supply closets. Submit requests to Assistant Director for cleaning and other supplies as needed
- Acknowledge neighbors with a friendly greeting
- Interact with Southeast businesses, residents, and visitors and relay concerns to the supervisor who will connect them with appropriate City agencies and resources
- Have knowledge of local events, building locations, and parking areas
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Represent the Lancaster Clean Street You Employment Program at special events
- Provide reports of broken infrastructure, graffiti, etc.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with and relate to all individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work day, evenings, and/or weekend hours as assigned
- Willingness to develop and strengthen good interpersonal skills and communication
- Willingness to learn and work hard
- Must obtain relevant clearances before starting work
- Adhere to all COVID-19 safety precautions (social distancing, appropriate mask-wearing, etc.)
- Ability to do physical labor and other tasks that require physical mobility
- Working conditions primarily outdoors with exposure to weather
- Frequent to occasional lifting and/or moving (50 pounds with assistance and up to 12 pounds independently)
- Walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.