The Crispus Attucks Community Center (CACC) strives to improve the quality of life for youth and families in Lancaster by providing services that promote community prosperity, physical and mental health; and by offering programs and cultural events which preserve the African American heritage. The CACC Director’s primary role is to oversee and support the work of the Center by ensuring alignment of activities and programming to Center goals, building partnerships with other community based organizations, business, invested stakeholders, and providing effective supervision and leadership to the team. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee hiring, training, and supervision of the CACC team
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Center’s strategy
- Collaborate with internal colleagues and supervisors and the larger community in setting and carrying out a vision for the Center’s future growth
- Implement quality and effective programs, activities, and events that meet the mission of the Center
- Network, collaborate, and partner with CBOs, businesses, community members/groups, etc. to promote the Center’s goals and mission
- Write and speak passionately and informatively on the importance of the Center and its role in preserving and promoting African American history and culture
- Ensure excellence and alignment with all program delivery
- Support all related development work and serve on sub-committees as it relates to the Center (including MLK Breakfast, Juneteenth, etc.).
- Create and maintain an effective system to recruit and retain interns and volunteers
- Manage the needs of the building in coordination with the Chief Business Officer
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping and timely reporting of data to appropriate funding sources
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership position
- Deep understanding of African American history and culture
- Deep understanding of current social justice issues
- Experience and understanding of community organizing
- Experience managing a budget
- Strong organizational skills in managing complex tasks with autonomy
- Demonstrate leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office and internet web-based applications
- Ability to work evenings and weekend hours as assigned
- Current, valid PA driver’s license and access to reliable transportation to travel to and meeting sites as required
- Experience managing a community center or similar building a plus
- PA State Police, Child Abuse, and FBI Clearances
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.