Department: Early Learning Resources Center
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and energetic, full-time ELRC Liaison to process applications, redeterminations, determines eligibility, and complete face to face interviews with parents/caretakers. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process application for ELRC funding. Process mail and determines cases ineligible as per OCDEL standards
- Determines eligibility and if applicable sends needed information letter or notice of eligibility/waiting list letter. Process re-determinations for client’s ongoing eligibility
- Conduct face-to-face interview with the clients for ongoing eligibility
- Verifies that all information remains the same and processes any changes by state determined deadlines
- Follow through on all adverse actions, suspensions of services, and discontinuance of care, including setting tracking dates for follow up
- Reviews alerts/tracking dates and complete processes necessary by deadlines. Overs front desk as needed
- If needed, scan, review, and file documents appropriately in DOCSTAR in order to maintain accuracy
- Receives processes, submits appeals and represents ELRC at appeals hearings
- Notifies families and providers of eligibility status through issuance of documentation such as; Notice of Eligibility, Notice of Adverse Action, Confirmation Notices, and Notice of Termination
- Works collaboratively with staff to ensure that clients are served efficiently and effectively
- Responds to clients concerns and provider concerns. Works toward resolving problems as the arise
- Maintains a professional relationship with families and staff. Maintains confidentiality in dealing with staff and family’s information
- Maintains good customer service standards while working in the office. Attends training and meetings as assigned
- Read, maintains, and implements State policy and procedure clarifications as related to work load
- Complies with office procedures and expectations
- Performs other duties as assigned by Assistant Director or ITL Director
Education, work Experience & Requirements
- Associates degree or four year degree with minimum of two years’ experience of High School Diploma or;
- Equivalent minimum of four years’ experience working in Human Services or similar field
- Ability to write accurate and complete professional case comments
- Ability to do paperwork, maintains consistently accurate records, handle multiple tasks, and work with a minimum level supervision
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office and internet web based applications
- Ability to work evening hours as assigned
- Access to transportation necessary for travel; as required by position
- Ability to speak, hear and understand spoken English sufficiently to process direction
- Able to review data documents for accuracy and consistency and take action to prevent mistakes
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.