Family Development Specialist (37.5 hours/week)
Department: Thrive to Five
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and responsible, full-time Family Development Specialist to oversee the planning, implementation and reporting of home visits, educational workshops, family outreach, resource and referral work. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits families for PAT and completes all necessary enrollment forms
- Complete annual family assessments
- Complete annual screenings, monitors milestones and supports healthy child development
- Maintain up to date, thorough and accurate home visiting records, including regular data entry and evaluations in the appropriate database(s)
- Document parent goals to support family well-being; monitor progress on goals regularly
- Make appropriate referrals to community resources and advocate on the behalf of families when appropriate
- Work collaboratively to plan, implement, and encourage family attendance during group connection events
- Use strong interpersonal skills when interacting with families and local partners, and demonstrate flexibility when changes arise
- Participate in First 10 meetings when appropriate
- Participates in required PAT Staff Meetings
- Develop an understanding of and a commitment to the mission of CAP
- Meets regularly with supervisor for reflective supervision, and as appropriate
Education, Experience & Requirements
- S. Degree in Early Childhood, Human Services, or related field. OR
- Associates degree in Early Childhood, Human Services or related field and two years combined work experience related to families in education, social services, health services, or related outreach work. OR
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 2 years previous supervised work experience with young children and/or parents
- Must successfully complete 5 day Parents as Teachers certification training
- Must provide satisfactory clearances: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History, Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check, and FBI Criminal History Report
- Must be available to work non-traditional hours and/or attend out of town training
- Must be able to communicate with persons of various socio-economic backgrounds
- Maintains confidentiality regarding program families
- Must provide a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Must provide proof of current auto insurance and have full time use of a vehicle
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).