Family Development Specialist/Cocalico Early Learning Mentor
Department: Parents as Teachers
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and responsible, part-time (22.5 hrs/wk) Family Development Specialist/Cocalico Early Learning Mentor to assists in the recruiting of families who would benefit from the Parents as Teachers program, carries out the implementation and reporting of home visits, assists with district educational opportunities and workshops for families with children ages birth to age 5, and assists families in acquiring appropriate community resources. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits families for PAT and completes all necessary enrollment forms.
- Plans and implements home visits utilizing the PAT curriculum.
- Makes appropriate referrals to community resources and advocates on the behalf of families when appropriate.
- Determines age appropriate milestones for each child and documents parent goals to support healthy child development; monitors progress on goals quarterly.
- Works collaboratively with Cocalico School District and CAP to plan and implement group connection events.
- Uses strong interpersonal skills when interacting with families and local partners, and demonstrates flexibility when changes arise.
- Meets regularly with the CAP supervisor and the Cocalico School District supervisor.
- Develops an understanding of and a commitment to the mission of CAP and the Cocalico School District.
- Performs other job duties as requested by CAP or the Cocalico School District supervisor.
- Maintains an average minimum caseload of 15-18 families, or as directed by supervisor.
- Facilitates communication and collaboration between the Cocalico School District, local preschool facilities, and community and business partners to improve kindergarten readiness and overall family wellness.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- S. Degree in Early Childhood, Human Services, or related field. Or;
- Associates degree in Early Childhood, Human Services or related field and two years combined work experience related to families in education, social services, health services, or related outreach work.
- Must successfully complete 5 day Parents as Teachers certification training.
- Must provide satisfactory clearances: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History, Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check, and FBI Criminal History Report.
- Must be available to work non-traditional hours and/or attend out of town trainings.
- Must be able to communicate with persons of various socio-economic backgrounds Maintains confidentiality regarding program families.
- Must provide a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Must provide proof of current auto insurance and have full time use of a vehicle.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.