Family Development Specialist
Department: Education & Child Development
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and responsible, full-time Family Development Specialist to oversee the planning, implementations and reporting of home visits, educational workshops, and family outreach, resources and referral work. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits families for PAT and completes all necessary enrollment forms
- Plans and implements home visits utilizing the PAT curriculum
- Make appropriate referrals to community resources and advocates on behalf of families when appropriate
- Documents parents goals to support family well-being; monitor progress goals
- Completes annual screening, monitors milestones and supports healthy child and supports healthy child development
- Document parents goals to support family well-being; monitor progress on goals
- Maintains up to date, thorough and accurate home visiting records, including regular data entry and evaluations in the appropriate database(s)
- Maintains a minimum caseload of 18-20 families or as directed by supervisor
- Works independently and has a strong sense of responsibility carrying out the required responsibilities with a minimum amount of daily supervision
- Searches for professional development opportunities to continually increase knowledge of kindergarten readiness skills to share with families
- Works collaboratively to assist with planning and implementing group connection events
- Uses strong interpersonal skills when interacting with families and local partners and demonstrates flexibility when changes arise
- Meets regularly with supervisors for reflective supervision, and as appropriate
- Participates in required PAT Staff Meetings
- Develops understanding of and a commitment to the mission of CAP
Education, Experience & Requirements
- S. Degree in Early Childhood, Human Services, or related field. Or;
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood, Human Services or related field and two years combined work experience related in education, social services, health services, or related outreach work. Or;
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 2 years previous supervised work experience with young children and/or parents
- Must successfully complete 5 day Parent as Teachers certification training
- Must provide satisfactory clearances; PA Child Abuse History, PA State Record Check, and FBI Criminal History Report
- Must be available to work non-traditional hour/or attend out of town trainings
- Must be able to communicate with persons of various socio-economic background
- Maintain confidentiality regarding program families. Must have a valid PA Driver’s License
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.