Department: Early Childhood Education
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated Fiscal Specialist for Early Childhood and Education. This individual will provide essential finance-related support to all programs that fall under the Education and Child Development Team. CAP offers competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and timely submission of financial grant reports and renewal for all Green Team funding sources
- Preparation and timely submission of grant budgets and related amendments as necessary, in conjunction with the Director of Grants Management, Controller, and/or Chief Financial Officer
- Coordinate with Head Start and Early Head Start Program Leaders to develop and monitor Non-Federal Share process to ensure proper documentation is obtained for NFS activities
- Review purchases and requisitions made via web purchasing portal for proper approval, general ledger coding and documentation including invoices, packing lists and other receiving documentation and process for timely payment
- Prepare funding sources invoices monthly, quarterly and/or annual as required by funding agency and post related receivables in Finance Edge
- Coordinate with Head Start and Childcare staff to obtain accurate and timely meal counts and billing for Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
Skills and Experience
Education/Certification, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in accounting, finance or related field
- 3 years’ experience in grants financial management, finance, accounting and/or auditing
- Experience in nonprofit setting preferred, but not required
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications
- PA Act 33 and 34 certifiable, FBI Clearance
- Respect and sensitivity toward cultural differences
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.