Department: Head Start
A Floater/Substitute position is part of the Head Start teaching support team that does not have permanent classroom placement and scheduled assignments vary from day to day depending on the needs of the program. CAP offers competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with implementing Creative Curriculum, Lancaster County Head Start’s Daily Structures, and instructional strategies in accordance with program guidelines to fidelity
- Implements Head Start initiatives including; nutrition and healthy choices, school readiness, Pyramid model/program wide positive behavior supports, dual language learners, etc.
- Follow all safety and health procedures and expectations. Use responsive language with children
- Follow schedules, daily routines and lesson plans of each classroom
- Maintains parent/staff rapport and mutual confidence and trust with classroom team
- Follow all CAP and Head Start policies, procedures and systems
- Works with program coordinator to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and PA childcare regulations and quality standards
- Work with all staff to develop strategies to resolve interpersonal problems that affect program operation
- Participate in program trainings, workshops and meetings related to professional development and job requirements
- Observes and documents what the children can do during activities
- Share observation documents with the teachers to add to the child’s portfolio on GOLD
- Participates in individualized instruction for children with disabilities and individual needs
- Teaches and models social-emotional skills and practices
- Assist in providing a welcoming environment for families. Models enthusiasm and promotes parent/child activities
- Works with program coordinator to reflect on coaching feedback and set professional development goals
Education/Certification, Skills and Knowledge
- A high school diploma or GED with documented 2500 hours of experience with children
- 30 college credit hours on education or related human services field, or combination of experience and education equivalent as outlines to PA’s Department of Human Services Assistant Group Supervisor qualifications
- Ability to speak, read, write fluently in English. Effective communication skills both orally and written
- Positive recommendation from previous employer/supervisor regarding work performance and relevant knowledge and skills
- PA Act 33 and 34 clearances, FBI clearance. Ability to work flexible hours and locations
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity towards cultural differences
- Ability to travel to two or more locations up to 30 miles radius of CAP’s Queen St. locations
- Implement PBIS universal practices established by Lancaster County Head Start
Community Action Program of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.