Floating Teaching Assistant (30 hrs/week)
Department: Head Start
The Community Partnership of Lancaster County is seeking a full-time Floating Teaching Assistant. This position is for the 2020-2021 school year and part of the Head Start teaching support team that does not have permanent classroom placement and schedule. Assignments vary from day to day depending on the needs of the program. CAP offers competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote cognitive development and + learning dispositions in ALL children.
- Assists with implementing Creative Curriculum, Lancaster County Head Start’s Daily Structures, and instructional strategies in accordance with program guidelines to fidelity.
- Follows schedules, daily routines and lesson plans of each classroom.
- Uses responsive language with children.
- Participates in individualized instruction for children with disabilities and individual needs.
- Promote healthy growth & habits in children and provide a safe environment.
- Promotes healthy social and emotional growth in children.
- Facilitate respectful, mutually supportive relationships with families.
- Promotes and maintains professional relationships.
- Follows all safety and health procedures and expectations as outlined by regulatory standards (DHS, STARS, EHS, or Head Start Performance standards).
- Follow all meal service standards as outlined by CACFP.
- Maintains current knowledge about challenging behavior and mental health concerns.
- Maintains parent/staff rapport and mutual confidence and trust with classroom team.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- A High School Diploma or GED with documented 2500 hours of experience with children.
- 30 college credit hours or related human services field, or a combination of experience and education. equivalent as outlined to PA’s Department of Human Services Assistant Group Supervisor qualifications.
- Preferred: Child Development Associate credential or Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Must meet the preferred qualifications within a year of employment in this position.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English; effective communication skills both orally and written.
- Demonstrates respect and sensitivity toward cultural differences.
- PA Act 33 AND 34 clearances; FBI clearance.
- Ability to work flexible hours and locations. Ability to respond quickly to children’s safety.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team member. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to commute to two or more locations on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform office functions such as sitting for a long period of time and typing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as performance standards, information memoranda and program guidance; ability to write reports and correspondence; ability to speak.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate of the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status, or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.