Formula Warehouse Worker
Department: Health & Nutrition
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is seeking a full time Formula Warehouse Worker to perform duties related to the efficient and accurate processing, picking, packing and shipping of orders for special formula. Load and unload donated food and assist in assembling donated food for pick up by food pantries and feeding programs. Typical work schedule is day hours, Monday-Friday. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare orders by processing requests, picking formula products from stock using a handheld RFID Reader and packing formula products into boxes. Operate strap machine to seal boxes.
- Prepare, weigh and process boxes for shipment using UPS and FedEx Software and affix shipping labels to boxes. Prepare boxes for shipping and load boxes onto trucks. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the order shipped.
- Receive and unload cartons and/or pallets from inbound trucks. Verify and scan packing slip with purchase order and received inventory. Record and check quantity and quality of goods received for conformity to purchase orders and specifications. May inspect, accept, or reject goods received. Mark inventory codes on goods using proper labels. Input stock items into warehouse management system.
- Transfer materials, formula, food and other items from receiving dock to bulk locations or other designated areas by hand, hand truck or forklift. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the items received and put away.
- Sort and place formula products, food, materials or other items on racks, shelves, or pallets according to predetermined sequence. Return formula to stock when necessary.
- Participate in physical inventory counts / stock takes. Responsible for identifying and removing from stock damaged formula and formula that has expired or is due to expire within 45 days.
- Prepare food items for pick up by food pantries and feeding programs. Record amount of food provided to pantry on approved pick sheet. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the food picked and distributed.
- Assist other warehouse workers in completing tasks as requested by the Warehouse Foreman, Warehouse Manager and/or Chief Business Officer (CBO). Contribute to team effort in accomplishing goals. Perform other related duties as assigned and work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet areas, workstations and other areas neat. Clean storage, shipping supply and loading dock areas using brushes, brooms, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and family information in compliance with the CAP Confidentiality policy.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- At least 2 years of experience working in a warehouse setting, picking and packing products. High School Graduate/GED High School graduate preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess basic English language skills. Able to understand written and verbal instructions and safety signage in English. Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Able to read and interpret inventory receiving package slips, RFID/ WMS display screens and FedEX/UPS shipping information. Able to use RFID and bar code scanning devices.
- Able to understand how to operate shipping scale and enter needed data into shipping database. Able to operate a strap machine.
- Able to operate a forklift and pallet jack in a safe and efficient manner. Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.