Human Resources and Employee Benefits Specialist
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated, full-time HR & Employee Benefits Specialist. The successful candidate will work with the Chief Personnel Officer (CPO) with assisting and administering the activities related to the organization’s benefits and HRIS processing including developing, implementing, and monitoring systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting and solid knowledge of labor legislation
- Work with CPO in administrating FMLA, LOA and other agency leave and the processes as mandated
- Support with open enrollment of new hires and onboarding process
- Assisting employees with enrollment in benefits programs, such as health insurance and 403b retirement funds
- Conducting presentations and meetings to explain benefits to employees
- Answering questions or concerns from employees about their employee benefits
- Assure that CAP complies to benefit policies, laws and regulations
- Informing employees of any changes to their benefits / terminate health coverage for terminated employees/waiver of coverage
- Manage and maintain the integrity of data in Human Resources & Benefits component of the organizations HRIS.
- In collaboration with Human Resources Team, work with vendor on any system implementations or updates
- Assist with Workers’ Compensation procedures and data entry
- Preparing compensation and benefits packages
- Responsible for Exit Interviews and employment separation
- Solid general knowledge of principles and practices of human resources including familiarity with state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws, preferred
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Manage and maintain hard copy of medical/FMLA personnel files
- Ensuring compliance and point person for HR/Payroll Audits
- Input / maintain data as it pertains to benefits-related vendor
Education, Experience & Requirements
- AA/BA/BS in Business or related field, required
- 2 – 3 years’ experience with Employee Benefits, required
- 2 – 3 years’ experience with Payroll, preferred
- Prior experience with HRIS administration, required. Knowledge of wage and hour laws, preferred
- Experience working with community/social services, a plus
- May accept an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proficient in the use and navigation of Payroll Systems; ADP preferable
- Experience in navigating large HRIS database (including applicant tracking system) (Preferred
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.