Infant Toddler Teaching Assistant
Department: Thrive to Five
The Community Acton Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated, full-time Infant Toddler Teaching Assistant. This position is part of the teaching team that has a primary classroom placement. Their role is to support the Lead Teacher and the children in the classroom. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote cognitive development and + learning dispositions in ALL children
- Assists with implementing Creative Curriculum, Thrive to Five Daily Structures, and instructional strategies in accordance with program guidelines to fidelity
- Assesses children’s developmental levels using a variety of assessment tools and plans lessons with Lead teacher
- Follows schedules, daily routines and lesson plans of each classroom
- Promote healthy growth & habits in children and provide a safe environment
- Follows all safety and health procedures and expectations as outlined by regulatory standards (DHS, STARS, EHS, or Head Start Performance standards)
- Provides adequate supervision of children at all times as defined in Thrive to Five policies and procedures.
- Follow all meal service standards as outlined by CACFP
- Promotes healthy social and emotional growth in children
- Implements PBIS universal practices established by Thrive to Five
- Teaches and models social-emotional skills and practices
- Implements interventions, such as, Teacher Support Plans and Safety Plans with support from intra/inter agency teams (Program Coordinators, Early Childhood Behavior Specialists (ECBS) or Mental Health Consultants)
- Promotes and facilitate respectful, mutually supportive relationships with families
- Assists in providing a welcoming culturally inclusive environment for families. Models enthusiasm and promotes parent/child activities
- Maintains parent/staff rapport and mutual confidence and trust with classroom team.
- Uses assessment to develop long- and short-range plans for parent’s participation in their child’s learning experiences
- Promotes and maintains professional relationships
Education, Experience & Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED with documented 2500 hours of experience with children, 30 college credit hours in education or related human services field, or a combination of experience and education equivalent as outlined to PA’s Department of Human Services Assistant Group Supervisor qualifications. Must meet the preferred qualifications within a year of employment in this position
- Child Development Associate credential or Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education. Preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as performance standards, information memoranda and program guidance; ability to write reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively in meetings with families, staff and community partners
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).