Lead Teacher – Head Start
Type: Full Time
Department: Head Start
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a full time Lead Teacher who will implement creative curriculum for Lancaster Head Start’s Daily Structures and instructional strategies in accordance with program guidelines to fidelity. CAP offers competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use the PA Learning Standards for Early Childhood to plan lessons
- Implement initiatives including: nutrition and health choices, school readiness, Pyramid model/program wide positive behavior support, dual language learners, etc.
- Align assessment with instructional goals and standards, and uses assessment results to monitor progress and adjust instruction in literacy, mathematics and science
- Designs appropriate learning tasks that are connected to the learning goals and instructional outcomes that allow for high level of engagement of students
- Models expectations, procedures, and scaffolds appropriately
- Develops transition plans that meet the child and family needs
- Completes data entry to meet administrative and progress monitoring requirement
- Responds to family concerns with professional and culturally sensitivity
- Design developmentally appropriate lessons and selects appropriate instructional materials to meet students learning needs and instructional outcomes
- Completes data entry to meet administrative and progress monitoring requirements
- Participates in program pre-service, mandate and ongoing professional development identified by assessment, interest and needs. Develops own Professional Development Plan
- Analyze data and assessments to monitor progress and provide feedback to students
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), or baccalaureate and coursework equivalent to a major relating to ECE (minimum 18 credit hours)
- Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) and at least 2 years’ experience teaching pre-kindergarten using PA Early Learning Standards and the Creative Curriculum
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English; effective communication skills both orally and written
- Ability to read and interpreted documents such as performance standards, information memorandum and program guidance
- Able to write reports and correspond, speak effectively before groups of clients, employees or community partners
- Current driver’s license and vehicle available to travel to Head Start sites and professional development
- Ability to work flexible hours and attend night-out-of-town meetings as necessary
- Ability to use database software to enter family and program data & Microsoft Office program
- PA Act 33 and 34 certifiable, FBI clearance
- Respect and sensitivity toward cultural differences. Demonstrate success in working as a team member
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate of the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status, or genetic information
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.