Lead Teacher – Queen Street Location
Department: Head Start
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a full-time Lead Teacher who will implement creative curriculum for Lancaster Head Start’s Daily Structures and instructional strategies in accordance with program guidelines to fidelity. CAP offers competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use the PA Learning Standards for Early Childhood to plan lessons
- Implement initiatives including: nutrition and health choices, school readiness, Pyramid model/program wide positive behavior support, dual language learners, etc.
- Align assessment with instructional goals and standards, and uses assessment results to monitor progress and adjust instruction in literacy, mathematics and science
- Collaborates with teaching team to plan, assess and implement instructional strategies to meet individual goals for students
- Models expectations, procedures, and scaffolds appropriately
- Engage students in high level thinking and questioning skills
- Provide effective delivery of curriculum and professional development initiatives
- Collaborate with the family advocate to support the family with their goals
- Completes data entry to meet administrative and progress monitoring requirements
- Plans and prepares various methods to collect photos, running records, checklist, artifacts, etc.
Skills and Experience
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Essential – Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), or baccalaureate and coursework equivalent to a major relating to ECE (minimum 18 credit hours)
- Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) and at least 2 years’ experience teaching pre-kindergarten using PA Early Learning Standards and the Creative Curriculum
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English; effective communication skills both orally and written
- Ability to use database software to enter family and program data and Microsoft Office program
- Ability to work flexible hours and attend night and out-of-town meetings as necessary
- Current driver’s license and vehicle available to travel to Head Start sites and professional development
- Ability to respond quickly to children’s safety needs, e.g. child darting away from the group
- Respect and sensitivity toward cultural differences
- Demonstrates success in working as a team member
- PA Act 33 and 34 certifiable, FBI clearance
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate of the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status, or genetic information.