Department: Health & Nutrition Team
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking to hire a dedicated, full-time Nutrition Educator, responsible for educating low income Lancaster County residents about healthy food choices, promoting positive nutrition and promoting positive nutrition-related behaviors through the development and support of public and private partnerships. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the community by encouraging and reinforcing client participation and nutrition related activities
- Prepares, maintains and complete all necessary paperwork for the operation of the project required deadlines as per PA SNAP-Ed and NEP guidelines
- Work independently and has a strong sense of responsibility carrying out the required job duties with a minimum amount of daily supervision
- Collect completed cost share sheet and accurately input data into the START racks system with minimum supervision by required deadline
- Complete LPOs, timesheets, mileage sheets or other paperwork required by CAP staff
- Communicate effectively with all staff, community partners, school staff, principals, administrators, etc.
- Plan, shop, and prepare food tasting for each lesson as necessary
- Participate in local, state, and national trainings and workshops
Skills and Experience
Education, Experience & Requirements
- High school Diploma and two years combined work experience related to families in social services, health services (with nutrition emphasis), or community nutrition; OR
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.) Degree in nutrition science or dietetics or RN
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Superior professionalism, customer service, and communication skills
- Strong teaching skills companied with being comfortable in front of large audience
- Ability to develop educational materials in an understandable format and present in group setting
- Must provide satisfactory Pennsylvania Act 33, Act 34, and FBI clearances
- Ability to work with, and relate to, various social, economic, and ethnic groups
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
Go back to jobs list