Department: Health & Nutrition
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and responsible, full-time Nutrition Educator to educate Lancaster County residents about healthy food choices and promoting positive nutrition-related behaviors through the development and support of public and private partnerships. This includes visiting school classrooms, food pantries, and senior centers to teach nutrition lessons with food tastings. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support to the community by encouraging and reinforcing client participation in group and nutrition related activities.
- Meets regularly with NEP Manager regarding any and all evaluations throughout the year.
- Plan, shop, and prepare food tastings for each lesson as necessary.
- Complete LPOs, timesheets, mileage sheets, or other paperwork required by CAP staff.
- Participate in local, state, and national trainings and workshops.
- Prepare, maintain and complete ALL necessary paperwork for the operation of the project by the required deadlines as per PA SNAP-Ed and NEP guidelines.
- Provide any and all necessary follow-up lessons and materials to all NEP participants.
- Prepare, maintain and deliver clear and accurate nutritionally sound lesson plans to participants of all ages in person or virtually as required by PA SNAP-Ed.
- Work independently and has a strong sense of responsibility carrying out the required job duties with a minimum amount of daily supervision.
- Collect completed cost share sheets and accurately input data into the STARtracks system with minimum supervision by required deadline.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, community partners, school staff, principals, administrators, etc.
- Attend all program staff and required CAP meetings.
- Develops an understanding of and a commitment to the mission of CAP and follows the company’s core values.
- Perform other job-related duties as required by NEP Manager.
- Ability to work from home as needed.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- High School Diploma and two years combined work experience related to families in social services, health services (with nutrition emphasis), or community nutrition. OR
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in nutrition science or dietetics or RN.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Superior professionalism, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to analyze a situation and use critical thinking skills to develop appropriate action plans
- Experience with virtual learning and meetings via ZOOM, Microsoft Teams, and/or Skype
- Dependable, with excellent attendance and work ethic
- Commitment to CAP’s mission and core values as well as the priorities of NEP
- Ability to work with, and relate to, various social, economic, and ethnic groups
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.