Department: Domestic Violence Services
The Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County (CAP), Domestic Violence Services Legal Clinic (DVSLC) is seeking a dedicated and experienced Paralegal to provide assistance to legal clinic staff, attorneys and advocates, in supporting victims of domestic violence who are currently involved in the legal system as well as provide supportive office management as a member of the legal clinic team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clerical support including but not limited to creating and typing correspondence and legal documents; and filling documents with the Court when necessary for Protection from Abuse (PFA) and other family law representation
- Maintain and manage computer documents for all legal clients represented by attorneys
- Complete all documentation related to providing service to program participants including electronic data entry as well as collect critical data for reporting and funding purposes
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service training and other related functions
- Participate in networking activities, which contribute to an improved understanding of factors with impact representation of victims of domestic violence to maintain an expertise
- Provide support for the daily functions of the office such as all computer equipment, office equipment, supplies, postage, and other clerical needs of services to victims of domestic violence
- Work collaboratively with the other clinic staff primarily attorneys, to address the holistic needs of the clients; functioning as a team-member of the Legal Clinic
- Provide backup for receptionist duties as needed
Skills and Experience
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Paralegal Certificate-degree or the equivalent of two years paralegal work
- Experience working in legal office setting primarily in family law.
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish desirable
- Experience working with victims of domestic violence or other crimes related to domestic violence preferred. Ability to work with a diverse population
- Exceptional in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel, Word or Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to the DVS and CAP mission, vision, and values
- Must complete 40-hours Domestic Violence training program within six months of employment
Child Abuse, FBI, and PA criminal background clearances required prior to start of employment
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Go back to jobs list