Pequea Valley – Family Development Specialist
Department: Education & Child Development
Location: Pequea Valley
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and responsible, full-time Pequea Valley Family Development Specialist to oversee the planning, implementations and reporting of home visits, educational workshops, family outreach and resources and referral work for the Pequea Valley community. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits families for PAT and completes all necessary enrollment forms
- Plans and implements home visits utilizing the PAT curriculum
- Determines age appropriate milestone for each child and documents parents goals to support healthy child development; monitors progress on goals quarterly
- Work collaboratively to plan and implement group connection events
- Maintains up to date, thorough and accurate home visiting records, including regular data entry and evaluations in the appropriate database
- Uses strong interpersonal skills when interacting with families and local partners and demonstrates flexibility when changes arise
- Meets regularly with the CAP supervisor and the Pequea Valley supervisors
- Participates in required PAT staff meetings, Factory staff meetings, as well as the Together Initiatives Network quarterly meetings as directed by supervisors
- Develops an understanding of and a commitment to the mission of CAP, Pequea Valley School District and the Together Initiative Network
- Searches for professional development opportunities to continually increase knowledge of kindergarten readiness skills to share with families
- Performs other job duties as requested by CAP or Pequea supervisors
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between the Pequea Valley District, local preschools facilities, community, and business partners to improve kindergarten readiness and overall family wellness
- Maintains a minimum caseload of 18-20 families or as directed by supervisor
- Works independently and has a strong sense of responsibility to continually increase knowledge of kindergarten readiness skills to share with families
Education, Experience & Requirements
- S. Degree in Early Childhood, Human Services, or related field or;
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood, Human Services or related field and two years combined work experience related in education, social services, health services, or related outreach work
- Must successfully complete 5 day Parent as Teachers certification training
- Must provide satisfactory clearances; PA Child Abuse History, PA State Record Check, and FBI Criminal History Report
- Must be available to work non-traditional hour/or attend out of town trainings
- Must be able to communicate with persons of various socio-economic background
- Maintain confidentiality regarding program families. Must have a valid PA Driver’s License
- Able to create detailed planning guides, balance the need to adequate planning with need for action
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.