Prenatal – Third Grade Coordinator
Department: Early Childhood Education
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a full time Prenatal Third Grade Coordinator to foster, grow, and focus on building systems and supports to improve long-term outcomes for children prenatal through third grade in alignment with P-3 Partnership Pathways project vision and goals. The ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks/roles at one time, and highly dedicated to the alignment of programs and practices for child prenatal to 3rd grade. CAP offers competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Establish strong relationship with local and state agencies, early learning providers, school districts, and Office of Child Development and Early Learning. Create a unified vision with stakeholders for all children and identify how P-3 alignment helps achieve that vision
- Manage and implement local needs assessment for goal-setting and continuous quality improvement
- Collect, analyze and interpret grant-related outcomes and data for communication with stakeholders
- Maintain knowledge of data and outcomes for ongoing reference throughout the project
- Build, navigate, and sustain relationship with a variety of stakeholders
- Engage partners in effective conflict-resolution and/or problem-solving strategies as needed throughout the project
- Utilize deep understanding of early childhood education and K-12 systems to build creative solutions, action steps, and strategies for grant projects
- Assist in allocation of various government, grant and donor funding streams to facilitate region-wide implementation of strategies and action plans to achieve Kindergarten readiness outcomes and sustain child outcomes and family engagement outcomes through grade 3 for all children and families
Skills and Experience
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Human Services, or related field preferred
- Three years of experience with working with early learning or K-12 education programs preferred
- Three years progressively responsible professional experience which demonstrates significant supervisory and administering a large scale community project involving multiple stakeholders preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of local, state, and national resources for developing p-3 initiatives
- Understanding of both early learning and K-12 contexts, environments, and barriers
- Knowledge of PA Standards (Infant/Toddler- High School) and PA Core Standards
- Ability to make dependent decisions in accordance with established policies and use initiatives/judgement in carrying out tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively policies, procedures and requirements of Early Learning programs and providers, K-12 school districts, and system change processes
- Strong knowledge of theories and practices of Early Childhood Education/Development typically gained via experience and or education. Ability to coordinate and facilitate meetings and trainings
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate of the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status, or genetic information. Current driver’s license and vehicle to travel to Head Start sites and professional development
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.