Preschool Lead Teacher
Department: Thrive to Five, Head Start
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated full-time Preschool Lead Teacher responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team; coordinate the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses the provided Creative Curriculum to structure the learning environment and daily routine
- Follows the standards of practice outlined by Thrive to 5 leadership in the standards manual and Education Binder
- Provides environmental programming that aligns with Creative Curriculum learning centers
- Provides weekly written plans for instruction that are aligned with PA Early Learning Standards & Early Learning Outcomes Framework
- Provides individualized plans to meet the diverse needs of children
- Follows all safety and health procedures and expectations as outlined by regulatory standards (DHS, STARS, EHS, or Head Start Performance standards).
- Provides adequate supervision of children at all times as defined in Thrive to Five policies and procedures.
- Provides daily planned grossed motor activities per day based on Thrive to Five policy
- Follow all meal service standards as outlined by CACFP.
- Implements PBIS universal practices established by Thrive to Five.
- Teaches and models social-emotional skills and practices.
- Implements interventions, such as, Teacher Support Plans and Safety Plans with support from intra/inter agency teams (Program Coordinators, Early Childhood Behavior Specialists (ECBS) or Mental Health Consultants
- Assists in providing a welcoming culturally inclusive environment for families. Models enthusiasm and promotes parent/child activities.
- Maintains parent/staff rapport and mutual confidence and trust with classroom team.
- Facilitates parent engagement events
- Follows all Community Action Partnership (CAP) and Thrive to Five policies, procedures and systems.
- Demonstrates the CAP Values.
- Works with Early Learning Coordinator ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and quality standards.
- Works with Early Learning Coordinator to reflect on coaching feedback and set professional development goals.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Minimum Qualifications: Associates degree in Early Childhood Education or Bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of 18 credits of coursework in Early Childhood Education
- Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) with PA Teaching Certificate
- PA Act 33 and 34 certifiable, FBI clearances, NSOR clearances
- Current driver’s license and vehicle available to travel to Head Start sites and professional development
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.