The Re-entry Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations and coordination of the services for individuals who have been incarcerated and returning to the community. The Coordinator will report to and work closely with the Chief Impact Officer and be a member of the Program Leadership Team. The Coordinator will provide leadership and support to the Lancaster County Reentry Coalition.
The Coordinator must be able to thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing the needs of customers, interns and community members. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support returning citizens through opportunities to meet their immediate needs and to support their life goals through person centered planning
- Manage interns and volunteers. Manage the needs of the office housed at Adult Probation and Parole
- Manage and cultivate relationships with partners and community members
- Assist in writing and submitting grant applications and fundraising opportunities at the direction of the Development team
- Assist CEO and Chief Impact Officer in implementing a vision for our communities returning citizens
- Assist in outreach to community members and general public
- Plan and implement strategies to increase awareness and advocacy
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for federal and state funders, foundations, and Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County’s board of directors
- Oversee the preparation and communication of any required monthly reports
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all programs
Education, Experience & Requirements
- A seasoned and mature leader with at least 5 years of program leadership and staff/volunteer coordination
- Experience managing a simple budget
- Experience and understanding of community organizing
- Deep understanding of the incarceration, reentry needs and best practices
- Understanding of current social justice issues to include the complexity and poverty
- Demonstrate leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office
- Associate’s Degree required – Bachelor’s Degree or higher a plus
- PA State Police, Child Abuse, and FBI Clearances
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.