Re-Entry Resource Liaison
Department: Lancaster Re-Entry Coalition
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated, full-time Re-entry Resource Liaison to work with individuals returning from incarceration to their communities, who have short-term needs such as housing, food, clothing, relational support, income, employment, etc. The individual being served is the leader, and the Liaison’s role is to serve, support, and guide that leader in reaching greater levels of stability. The Liaison is a combination ally, advocate, coach, strategist and detective. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide short-term support to individuals to quickly resolve crisis
- Collaborate with the other agencies providing reentry services in supporting individuals transitioning back to their communities
- Collaborate with assigned referral partners to support individuals
- Maintain open communication with the Coordinator regarding referrals or referral partners as needed
- Serve as liaison between the individual and other community resources
- Maintain database of current community resources and services
- Conduct an assessment that matches the person with the right resources at the right time
- Use reflective listening and other self-reflection tools to aid the person or family in reaching greater stability
- Aid in navigating any obstacles to resources or services of other organizations or businesses, including advocating for client, assisting with time management & creatively finding ways for new resources.
- Maintain current and accurate records and case notes of the person or family being served including any goals that customer has set to obtain
- Participate in regular Reentry meetings and ongoing professional development
- Ability to write and speak passionately and informatively on the importance of supporting returning citizens
- Provide for the confidentiality of protected customer and program information
- Develop and maintain a supportive, empowering culture for diverse members of the community
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Requirement
- Associates degree or four-year degree with a minimum of three years’ experience or High School Diploma or; equivalent minimum of five years’ experience working in Human Services or similar field
- Experience working with low-income families and community services. Experience working with individuals who have been incarcerated is a plus
- Proven track record of maintaining a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with clients, customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Ability to treat clients, co-workers, and the public in a respectful and courteous manner at all times
- Ability to develop a sense of community with staff, program participants, and volunteers
- Ability to remain calm and focused in the face of another person’s distress
- Ability to develop a supportive, empowering culture for diverse members of the community
- Valid PA driver’s license must possess a vehicle and be able to travel to various locations throughout Lancaster County. Have valid insurance and full-time use of a vehicle
- Strong organizational skills in managing complex tasks with autonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including occasional nights and weekends based on customers’ availability
- Must obtain FBI, Child Abuse, and PA State Police clearances before starting work
- Bilingual preferred
- Perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisory personnel
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.