Resident Assistant – 3rd Shift (24 hours/week)
Department: Domestic Violence Services (DVS)
The Community Action Partnership’s Domestic Violence Services seeks a part time 3rd shift (24 hours/week) Resident Assistant to work overnight shift in the Safe House, respond to hotline, text line calls, provide support and safety planning to domestic violence survivors living in the facility, assist with minor housekeeping duties and an opportunity to become part of the overall DVS Safe House Team. This is a part time position, three nights per week on a flexible schedule. Individual must be comfortable working independently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to calls on the 24-Hour domestic violence hotline and provide crisis counseling, support, safety planning, and counseling options with callers. Provide assistance and support to residents/program participants. Maintain a safe, secure, and clean residential facility. Perform all job function in a manner that is trauma-informed, culturally competent, and consistent with DVSLC and CAP’s mission, values, philosophy and policies.
- Respond to callers on the 24-Hour hotline in a warm, courteous, and professional manner. Maintain visitor, participant, and staff entry and exit logs. Manage and maintain general order, organization, and cleanliness in the reception area, common hallways, and staff rest room.
- Complete program participant intakes, exits, and empowerment counseling sessions, as needed/required.
- Perform conflict checks. Manage Lethality Assessment Program hotline calls.
- Assist program participants with requests for personal items, food, transportation, and all other emergent and basic needs. Provide consistent emotional support to participants.
- Communicate essential information in appropriate logs. Accurately record program participant information, counseling hours, and all other required data in the data management system per program and funder requirements.
- Stock bathroom and kitchen supplies. Inspect, clean and prepare rooms for the next program participant.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Experience in a residential or social services setting and bilingual skills (English & Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability and desire to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to DVS and CAP mission and vision.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and the internet, as well as the ability and willingness to learn new software as required.
- Strong decision-making capabilities and ability to remain calm and focused in a crisis environment.
- Must complete mandatory 45-Hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training as part of employment, and 10 hours of going domestic violence and victim services training annually.
- Child Abuse, FBI, and PA Criminal Background clearances required prior to the start of employment.
- Must provide holiday and on-call shelter coverage per DVS policies. Assist to fill schedule on weekends as-needed.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).
If you do not have the clearances, CAP will provide forms and related information about the application process.