Department: Domestic Violence Services
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) – Domestic Violence Services (DVS) of Lancaster County is seeking a dedicated and responsible full-time, Resident/Facilities Assistant. The ideal match will be responsible for responding to calls on the 24-Hour domestic violence hotline, provide crisis counselling, support, safety planning, options counselling with callers, provide assistance and support to residents/program participants, maintain a safe, secure and clean residential facility, and in general perform all job functions in a manner that is trauma-informed, culturally competent, and consistent with DVSL and CAP’s mission, values, philosophy and policies. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain visitors, participant, and staff entry and exit logs. Manage and maintain general order, organization, and cleanliness in the reception area, common hallways, and staff rest room
- Complete program participant intake, exits, and empowerment counseling sessions as needed/required. Perform conflict checks, manage Lethality Assessment Program hotline calls and provide support, options and safety planning
- Assist program participants with requests for personal items, food, transportation, and all other emergent and basic needs. Provide consistent emotional support to participants
- Communicate essential information in appropriate logs. Accurately record program participant information, counseling hours and all other required data in the data management system per program and funder requirements
- Function as a shelter team member to ensure efficient operation of the shelter
Skills and Experience
Education, Experience & Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED. Two years’ experience in social services or residential setting preferred. Knowledge of domestic violence preferred
- Must be fluent in both spoken and written Spanish
- Must have the ability and desire to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and the internet, as well as the ability and willingness to learn new software as required
- Child Abuse, FBI, and PA Criminal Background clearances required prior to start date
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.