The Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County’s Resource Liaison’s primary role is to work with people who have short-term needs focused on; a) around displaced families from condemnation of their homes and, b) people with immediate short-term crisis around housing, food insecurity, childcare, etc. The person or family being serves is the leader, and Liaison’s role is to serve, support, and guide that leader in reaching greater levels of stability. The Liaison is a combination ally, advocate, coach, strategist and detective. CAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide short-term support to individuals and families to quickly resolve crisis
- Collaborate with the City of Lancaster in supporting individuals/families who are displaced to condemnation of their homes
- Collaborate with assigned referral partners to support individuals/families. Maintain open communication with Director regarding referrals or referral partners as needed
- Serve as Liaison between the individual/family and other community resources. Maintain database of current community resources and services
- Conduct as assessments that matches the person or family with the right resources at the right time
- Use reflective listening and other self-reflection tools to aid the person or family in reaching greater stability
- Provide assistance in navigating any obstacles to resources or services of other organizations or businesses including advocating for customers, helping them to be document ready, assisting with time management, organizational and financial skills
- Maintain current and accurate records and case notes of the person or family being serves including any goals that customer has set to obtain
- Participate in regular Navigator meetings and ongoing professional development
- Ability to write and speak passionately and informatively on the importance of ending poverty
Education, Experience & Requirements:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with minimum of three years’ experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent minimum of five years’ experience working in Human Services or similar field. Bilingual preferred
- Experience working with low income families and community services. Ability to treat clients, co-workers, and public in a respectful and courteous manner at all times
- Ability to develop a sense of community with staff, program participant, and volunteers
- Ability to remain calm and focused in the face of other people’s distress
- Ability to develop a supportive, empowering culture for diverse members of the community
- Valid PA driver’s license. Must possess a vehicle and be able to travel to various locations throughout Lancaster County. Have valid insurance and full time use of a vehicle
- Strong organizational skills in managing complex tasks with autonomy
- Must obtain FBI, Child Abuse, and PA State Police clearances before starting work
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status or genetic information.
All job applicants must submit a completed CAP Employment Application form in addition to any other materials requested (resume, transcripts, etc.). Please email to Staffing@caplanc.org.
CAP employees are required to have three background clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI).