STEM Teaching Assistant
The Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Lancaster County is seeking a full-time STEM Teaching Assistant who will implement curriculum practices in accordance with program guidelines and Head Start initiatives; implement curriculum within the Lancaster County Head Start’s Daily Structures in accordance with the program guidelines to fidelity. CAP offers competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements initiatives including; nutrition and health choices, school readiness, family literacy, pyramid model/program-wide positive behavior support, dual language learners/multicultural practices, fatherhood initiatives, etc.
- Collaborates with Lead Teacher in starting new STEM initiatives for the program
- Enter GOLD observations and assigns levels on continuum that accurately reflects authentic descriptions of children’s behavior
- Creates learning environments with high expectations for student achievement in STEM
- Provides effective delivery of curriculum and professional development initiatives in STEM
- Maintains current knowledge of curriculum practices and reflects on school readiness goals and coaching feedback to set professional goals
- Work with staff to develop strategies to resolve interpersonal problems affecting program operations
- Communicate with families in a culturally sensitive manner
Skills and Experience
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Child Development Associates Credential or Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, willingness to enroll in Early Childhood Education / STEM Course
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English; effective communication skills both orally and written
- Ability to use database software to enter child assessment, program data and Microsoft Office programs
- Positive recommendation from previous employer/supervisor regarding work performance, relevant knowledge, and skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and attend night and out-of-town meetings as necessary
- Current driver’s license and vehicle to travel to Head Start sites and professional development
- PA Act 33 and 34 certifiable, FBI clearance
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate of the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, veteran status, or genetic information.