Navigation’s LIFT Program
Employers in Lancaster County are struggling to find qualified employees for open positions while under- or un-employed individuals are facing barriers to obtaining living-wage work.
These potential employees often have challenges that neither supervisors nor traditional EAP programs can full navigate. The “cliff effect” created by current state and federal assistance policies means that people with these challenges don’t qualify for public and many private supports as soon as they take that one good job.
- Cohort of 10 single moms with one child
- Program is one year long (January 2020 – December 2020) Monday – Friday
- Four Season’s first shift: Monday-Thursday
- Cohort Development Day – Friday
- Cohort development days will include:
- Public Speakers
- Active Learning Opportunities
- Day Trips to encourage personal development and professional growth
- Job Title: Picker/Packer in the warehouse
- Conditions are cold and require you to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand on your feet for long periods of time.
- Assistance getting appropriate attire will be provided
- Pay: $9/hr during the training period at around 30 hours/week.
- Additional support including childcare, transportation, food stability and other support will be provided through the program to ensure stability
- Goal after one year: Provide employment of $15/hr or higher with barriers to employment eliminated along with personal growth as a woman and mother.
For more information, please reach out to Jostalynn Parry, Workforce Development Coordinator by calling or texting 717-333-1918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.