Since last year’s ExtraOrdinary Give, Domestic Violence Services of Lancaster County has served 1,500 survivors and their children with safe & secure housing, legal services, and supportive counseling to ensure a future free from domestic violence, an issue that continues to be in the forefront of our news cycle.
This work is only possible through the generous support of our community, and we invite you to consider a donation to DVS during this year’s ExtraOrdinary Give this Friday, Nov. 20.
Giving to DVS during the ExtraOrdinary Give is as easy as 1-2-3!
A gift of ANY size can help fight poverty in Lancaster County!
- $10 will provide a meal for a family in the Safe House
- $25 will provide a backpack filled with school supplies and welcoming items for a child entering the Safe House
- $25 will provide a “welcome basket” for an adult Safe House resident
- $50 will buy sheets, towels, and personal care products for a family of four in the Safe House
- $100 will provide a night of hotel shelter plus meals for a family during COVID.
About the Community Action Partnership
The Community Action Partnership is Lancaster County’s largest anti-poverty organization, helping low income families move toward self-sufficiency. CAP’s service profile interrupts inter-generational poverty with programs that support families and individuals at every age and place in life, in the areas of education and child development, health and nutrition, household stability and safety and empowerment. For more information, visit www.caplanc.org.