RISE: Resilience. Inspiration. Strength. Empowerment. is designed to support and coach individuals and families in assessing their own needs, creating visionary goals, connecting to their communities, and celebrating people on their journey to a thriving future.
From the Resource Liaison providing stability to our Strengths Coach helping to create a plan for a thriving future, we have a comprehensive continuum of services and supports ready to walk alongside individuals and families in the community on their journey to a thriving future.
RISE has three divisions:
- Resource Liaison: Resource Liaisons focus on the whole person and equip low-income families to overcome short-term barriers preventing a family from stability
- Strengths Coach: Strengths Coaches focus on the whole family to overcome the barriers of poverty so they can thrive. A coaching culture builds on the supported individual’s strengths, and we focus on what is working well and build from there, together. Embracing a coaching culture in our organization enables us to be more effective, create a larger impact, and facilitate long-term positive outcomes for the families and communities we serve.
- Strategic Community Initiatives: This encompasses initiatives that are community-based that support both the Resource Liaison and Strengths Coach components of our work. Teen ELECT is one example of this.
RISE services include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Community Initiatives
- Resource Liaison:
- Strengths Coach
- Thriving Futures
Resource Liaisons are available to support anyone who has an urgent need and can be connected to a resource. Other services of the Resource Liaisons will be determined based on need.
2gether – We Are Building Our Future
2gether is a unique program that is initiating a Two-Generation Approach to support the whole family together. It will provide single mothers the opportunity to gain training or education towards meeting their career goals while also working to strengthen the relationship between mother and child.
Support will be provided for investing in quality child care and education for children and a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) activities for families.
The RISE Stability fund
The RISE Stability fund provides small grants to enrolled families for necessary costs related to employment, service access, or household stability such as:
- The cost of a bus pass or maintenance on their vehicle so that a single mother can get to and from work
- Tutors or entrance exams for those seeking increased educational attainment as part of their progress toward a thriving future
- Driving lessons, so that families can more readily access the things that they need
- Support with child care so families can focus on education or employment
- Gift Cards to get school clothes for their children
- Security deposits, so that families can secure housing, as we know that a safe, stable place to live is a keystone of health and progress for low-income families.
- And much more, all to provide stability on their path to a thriving future
Consider making a donation by clicking here.
RISE works with individuals and families to connect them with resources to stabilize their immediate needs, such as safe housing, affordable child care, transportation, health care, and much more.
RISE currently needs stability kits for families, such as:
- Basic toiletries
- Bus passes
- Basic housing needs
- Including cleaning materials, gift cards for groceries, etc.
For more information, please call 717-299-7301 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen ELECT (Education Leading to Employment and Career Training)
Teen Elect Maternity Closet
- Maternity clothes
- Infant clothes
- Toddler clothes (2 to 4T)
- Young women and men’s clothes
- Jeans, khakis, yoga pants, leggings, etc.
- Kids shoes
Items can be dropped off for ‘Teen ELECT’ at J.P. McCaskey’s Main Office: 445 N Reservoir St, Lancaster, PA 17602. For more information, please call 717-419-8816 or email: CAPTeenELECT@caplanc.org