24-hour hotline number: 717-299-1249
The Legal Center ensures domestic violence victims full access to the court system. Our staff attorneys provide representation in legal matters ranging from obtaining Protection from Abuse Orders to consultation on issues such as divorce, child custody, spousal and child support, and other civil legal matters.
Center hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In an emergency outside of regular Center hours, please call the 24-hour hotline: 717-299-1249.
Domestic Violence Services of Lancaster County provides free, confidential services and is committed to serving all victims of domestic violence and their dependent children.
35 East Orange Street, Suite 201
Lancaster, PA 17602
Coronavirus (COV-19) Update
Effective Friday, December 11, 2020, through Monday, January 11, 2021, the Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas will be closed to the public except for certain emergency proceedings in order to limit the spread of COVID-19. Although the courthouse is closed to the public, victims of domestic violence can still file for a protection order.
The Domestic Violence Legal Center is available to assist individuals and provide resources M-F from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm over the telephone at (717) 291-5826. On weekends, contact the DVS 24-Hour hotline for assistance by calling 717-299-1249 or text SAFE to 61222
Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas
- Effective Friday, December 11, 2020, through January 11, 2021, the Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas will be closed to the public except for certain emergency proceedings.
- Protection From Abuse (PFA) orders constitute an emergency proceeding so individuals will still be able to file for a PFA.
- Individuals can file for a temporary PFA during normal business hours through the Office of Bail Administration.
- There will two ex parté hearings per day- one at 11:30 am, which means petitions need to be filed by 10:30 am, and another hearing scheduled for 3:00 pm.
- Individuals can file for an emergency PFA when the courthouse is closed through a magisterial district justice.
Domestic Violence Legal Center (DVLC)
- DVLC is available to assist individuals with information, options, and resources via the telephone.
- Individuals may contact the legal center during normal business hours at (717) 291-5826.
- If individuals are unable to reach a staff person directly, they may leave a message and their call will be returned as soon as possible.
- During the weekends, call the DVS 24-Hour Hotline to be connected to the on-call Legal Advocate.