What are Participants Asking Their WIC Nutritionist?
A trained WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) nutritionist can provide valuable guidance and support to help you set and achieve your family’s health goals. Their expertise in nutrition and knowledge of WIC program guidelines can help you make informed decisions about your family’s diet and overall well-being.
Pregnant women want to know:
- How much weight should I gain during my pregnancy?
- What are the best foods to eat for my baby’s development?
- What about morning sickness, heartburn, and constipation?
Breastfeeding moms are asking:
- How can I make sure I have enough milk for my baby?
- Why is my baby always hungry?
- What if I need to pump my milk because I’m returning to work or school?
Parents of infants have lots of questions:
- How often should I feed my newborn?
- When can I start to give baby foods?
- What is the best age to wean from formula or breastmilk?
Caregivers of children 1 – 5 years old want information about:
- What kinds foods does my child need to grow healthy and strong?
- Should I brush my little one’s teeth?
- Why is my child so picky?